These days, lots of contractors say that they’re experts. But are they really? Before you hire someone to inspect, test, or remediate mold from your home or business, ask about their mold certification.
Some contractors obtain Mold Certificates from organizations that aren’t very credible. The most credible organizations for certifying mold professionals are the American Indoor Air Quality Council and the American Board of Industrial Hygiene.
The American IAQ Council has several mold certifications related to both mold inspection and mold remediation. The following list describes their mold certifications and the associated experience requirements which are dependent on university level of education:
- Certified Microbial Investigator (CMI), requires minimum 1-2 years of field experience
- Certified Microbial Consultant (CMC), requires minimum 4-8 years of field experience
- Mold Remediation
- Certified Microbial Remediator (CMR), requires minimum 1-2 years of field experience
- Certified Microbial Remediation Supervisor (CMRS), requires minimum of 1-5 years of field experience
- The other recognized certifying organization, the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) has a more general certification, Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
You can view our certifications here. RTS has provided thousands of inspections including Radon gas, Lead Paint, Asbestos, and Mold / Indoor Air Quality issues. With more than 20 years of experience in the environmental, mold and asbestos industry, RTS Environmental can protect your family and your home from the dangers of mold.
RTS Environmental Services, Inc.
301-607-6276 Maryland Line