Since 1990, Family Owned & Operated
RTS Environmental Services, Inc. has performed thousands of inspections and remediation projects since 1990.
We began business by providing Radon gas testing services and early on added expertise in Lead Paint Testing, Asbestos Inspections, and Mold Inspections.
Our grandfather, Robert Ramsey helped to invent and purvey the original Radon testing device, the "E-Perm" which was and is still used by home inspectors in the region.
Today, our business has expanded to include onsite environmental handyman services for the Washington Metro region. Our onsite results oriented solutions provide value, peace of mind, and best practices applied right to our end consumers in the Washington DC Metropolitan region.
RTS Environmental and sub brands offers inspections and remediation services for Mold, Asbestos, and other related environmental concerns. We are proud to continually provide a service to the region and for our ongoing loyal customer base.
We have strong relationships with the best that the DC real estate market has to offer including top performing Realtors, the highest quality of New Custom Construction Home Builders, General Contractors, HVAC Contractors, Abatement Contractors, and Discerning Homeowners, who expect nothing but the best for their home.
Our Goal is Simple:
To Educate and Inform So That
You Can Make The Best Decisions as a Consumer
We understand that mold and air quality issues are important and serious health concerns. Our methods, practices, and statements will be objective and honest. We do not and will not employ scare tactics or use modifiers in describing mold types or circumstances as being "Toxic" unless there is real evidence or factual data and circumstances which cause it to be defined as such. Our test services are performed by certified third party laboratories. We are here to help educate our clients and provide meaningful, practical, and cost effective solutions to an age old problem.
Our service offerings currently include:
- Inspections - We provide onsite visual inspections for Mold and/or Asbestos for clients including prospective buyers, proactive agents, and compliant builders that aim to inform regarding environmental concerns; often converging with numerous other trades including waterproofing, landscaping, plumbing, and more.
- Testing - We provide testing services for Mold, Asbestos, and many other environmental concerns. Our testing services aim to inform. We understand that test results can be complicated and often require interpretation and communication to make sound decisions. We believe that testing is a tool in the broader toolkit of inspection.
- Consulting - Complex problem solving for builders, homeowners, property managers, and others in the field of Indoor Environmental Health, Building Science, and Construction Engineering. Oftentimes involving many other trades and service partners to address and solve complex problems in demolition, construction, and improvements.
- Remediation - Quality solutions to remove and mitigate indoor environmental concerns for Mold, HVAC, Asbestos, Lead Paint, and others. We work with multiple industry partners to provide specialized mitigation services for every scenario, because every project is unique and requires specialized attention. Our remediation services are superior because they are scoped accurately every time when paired with our inspection services. We aim to provide expedient, high quality, and forward thinking remediation services.
- Handyman Services - Onsite cleanup and correction of small to medium sized environmental services with same day service at a reasonable price. Pipe leak in a closet? Next day cleanup and drying for a reasonable price.
- Water Damage Response - Emergency water damage response for residential and commercial scenarios available during normal business hours.
- Hoarding and Estate Cleanup - We can help you scope projects and perform cleanups of properties with the intention of readying them for sale to private market buyers. We help estates turn homes around to the level of cleanliness and livability that lenders demand.
- Crawl space remediation and improvements - Our team has over 30 years of experience ensuring clean and dry spaces below homes for thousands of satisfied clients. We can remediate and clean, insulate, encapsulate, and install dehumidifiers to the tightest and most complex crawl spaces in the region.
- Remote and Virtual Consultations - Not sure where to start? We can help with remote consulting services starting at just $150 per hour.
RTS Environmental Services, Inc. is licensed and insured. Our inspectors pursue continuing education and maintain industry licensing, certifications, and accreditation. For the latest information please visit our website at www.rtsenviro.com/licensing